iStock Coupon Codes for July 2017
Welcome to a list of the best, up-to-date coupon codes for istockphoto.com. These coupon codes will let you save money on any of the services available on their website, whether you want to buy a video, audio track, an illustration or a photo. All of their content is royalty free, so all it takes is a subscription or a few credits to get the one you want for your website. We check our promo codes weekly, so they are all valid and up-to-date.
iStock is a stock content producer, utilizing a user sharing system to get original content which you can use on your website or social media page. They can provide you with pictures, video, or audio from their base which you can then use however you like on your website for a small fee. They also offer subscription plans if you are going to be using a lot of their content. The coupons below will help you save on any costs you may encounter during your use of iStock’s media services. The high quality media they produce can be expensive – they pay each of the uploaders at least a 15% commission – but it’s worth it, and hopefully the discount codes below will help to make it slightly more affordable. Good luck finding a discount that works for you!
Best iStock Coupons Right Now:
Save 12% off Subscriptions for New Customers:Show CouponZNKPC46N
Save 10% Off All Credits:Show CouponZKFPC46N
Save 12% Off iStock Monthly Subscriptions:Show CouponZNKPC46N
No commitment with single image purchases from only $12:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
10 images for only $40 with a monthly subscription:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
Save at least 60% when you download more than 3 photos, illustrations or vectors:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
Save 20% Off All Monthly iStock Subscriptions:Show Coupon2RGPC46N
Save 33% off 300 Credits or More:Show CouponACTIVATED
Sale: Save 20% off iStock Credits:Show CouponMAR20
Save 21% Off 18 iStock Credits or More:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
Save 20% off 12 Or More Credits:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
Save 28% Off 60 Credits:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
New Years Promotion: Get 10% Off Credits!Show CouponZKFPC46N
Back to School Special: Save 12% Off iStock Monthly SubscriptionsShow CouponZNKPC46N
Spring into Savings: Get 10% Off Credits!Show CouponZKFPC46N
How to use iStockphoto Coupons:
Now that you have some great discounts lined up with our coupon codes, you’ll need to know where to enter your code to get a discount. Websites and e-commerce stores tend to hide their coupon code box away in different places, which can make it tricky to get the discount you want. To make sure you get your saving, follow this short guide which will tell you where to find the coupon box on iStock.
To use iStock and purchase their images, you need an account. Just enter your email address and create a password when prompted, and you will be able to proceed to your order.
- After entering your billing information at the checkout, look to the right side of the screen for your order summary. Below the total cost is a link reading “Have a promo code?”.
- Click this link and the promo code box will appear. Enter your promo code, double checking that everything is spelt correctly, and click “Apply”. Your promo code has been used, and the order total should decrease! Well done on finding yourself a great discount.
A Little Background Info on iStock:
iStock utilizes the micropayment model of trade. The small transactions (usually less than 1 USD) occur on the site frequently to buy singular items, but the customers also have the option of buying many credits for items or subscribing and getting unlimited items. The subscription method is the one that will save you the most money, but it depends on how much you are likely to use the media that iStock provides you with. If you run multiple websites which require media, a subscription is definitely the most affordable way to go. You can also set up corporate accounts if you are a large firm, you can provide your employees with sub-accounts so they can get the images they need for their projects, but billing is consolidated into one convenient payment. Corporate accounts can also apply for invoicing, instead of paying up front. You can purchase credits for the whole team, but set a limit on how many each individual sub-account can use so that one person doesn’t burn through the whole thing. There is no limit to how many sub-accounts you can create, and there is reporting available on who is using what to help you stay organized.
As you may surmise from the domain name of istockphoto.com, iStock began with just photographs – and they were free. Founder Bruce Livingstone began the company in 2000, supported by his own web development site. The site began charging money for media in 2001 and has grown into a profitable enterprise, with mega stock photo operator GettyImages buying the company in 2006 for $50 million. However, it has retained its independence as a site, and has a range of features not present on GettyImages.
Any good artist can upload their work to iStock and get between 15% and 40% commission rates. Each submission is checked for quality before it can be uploaded, and of course all the content displayed on the site is original. Utilizing such a broad base of photographers has contributed to the success of iStock, which prides itself on having more variety and higher quality content than any of its competitors. The iStock philosophy of paying people to do what they love has helped expand the company’s outreach and the quality of the media they provide.
iStock on the Web:
iStock has a strong foundation for social media pages, considering that it is a company based around media services. They profile key contributors on their accounts as well as responding to customer requests – although they would rather any business queries were kept to the designated customer service section of their website. They regularly post photos from their stock, showcasing the best of what they have. Often, their posts originate from their parent company, Getty Images, so it could be good to check out their social media pages too.
iStock Partner Program
In addition to the coupons listed above, iStock has partnered with several other services for businesses and individuals so that you can enjoy even more savings! Keep in mind that for the most part these offers will be valid for new customers at the partner businesses only. Here are some of the offers available:
- Dropbox: It’s not hard to imagine why a cloud storage company may also be of use to a designer or firm, after all you need somewhere to put all those stock photos! With this offer from iStock and Dropbox, iStock customers can get either 30% off of Dropbox Pro or try a 90-day trial of Dropbox Business for free. I personally use Dropbox for my business, and it’s a huge help being able to access all of my files from any device or share a file or folder with somebody (and they don’t need to be a Dropbox customer too!), no matter where I am.
- Photos.com by Getty Images: Have you ever seen a great photo and thought, wow I wish I could get that framed? Well, that’s exactly what Photos.com does! With 4 sizes to choose from and an array of materials you can have your photo printed on, you can get that perfect piece of art for your home or office. iStock customers will receive 15% off and FREE shipping of any art print of a Getty Images photo.
- Promo by Slidely: Promo let’s you create videos for social media for your small business using high quality video clips, licensed music, and a text editor. Easy to use and inexpensive if you have a tight advertising budget! Through their partnership Promo is offering 50% off when you purchase 3 months of access to their video creator for iStock customers. Videos are a great way to engage your customers and build your brand awareness, try it out today!
- Skillshare: Skillshare is an online classroom where you learn by video. They offer classes in a wide variety of subjects from business, photography, design, writing, art, cooking, to film and more. They offer personalized suggestions for you based on your profile and other classes that you have purchased. One of the unique features of skillshare is that you are not learning on your own, but with other students taking your course. You have the opportunity to network and communicate with other students, as well as get feedback on your projects. Skillshare believes in ‘learning by doing’, so you will complete a small project for every course.
- Animoto: Animoto gives you the ability to create polished and eye-catching promotional videos using your own photos and video clips. Using videos is one of the best ways to promote your business and get the word out about what it is that you do. Research shows people are less likely to scroll past a video on social media. As an iStock customer you qualify to try out the service for free and for 20% off of your first Animoto Professional subscription.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is the worlds largest domain registrar, and an excellent web host with affordable prices. If you need a website, check out all the services offered by GoDaddy including domain registration, all kinds of web hosting (shared, WordPress, VPS, and more) as well as email, marketing, and online security. They are offering up to 90% off and $1 domain names for iStock customers!
- Steelhouse Creative Suite: This software suite allows you to create your own advertisements using a variety of media, including being able to use clips from videos on YouTube. They are also currently working on the ability to pull content from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Twitter. There are customizable templates, you can upload your own fonts, and step-by-step guides to help you create an exciting digital advertisement! As a customer of iStock, you are eligible to get your first 1.5 million impressions for free (wow!)